Postgraduate in Advertising Design and Creativity
Postgraduate Diploma in Advertising Design and Creativity, degree awarded by Pompeu Fabra University (UPF) and ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering.
From February to July.
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, from 5 p.m. to 9.15 p.m.
Year 2018-209: 4,900 € (plus 500 € in concept of registration fee).
• Graduates in Graphic Design, Audiovisual Communication, Communication and Advertising, Fine Arts, etc.
• Professional profiles related to photography, art, fashion, illustration, etc.
• Professionals with accredited experience in the field.
• Proven professional experience.
• High level of Spanish.
• Submission of a portfolio.
The need to convince and sell in an increasingly global, competitive and visually noisy market requires new highly creative advertising proposals. In this context, the designer and the creator figures gain a decisive importance at the moment of generating persuasive messages, both in the public and in the private sphere. Advertising needs professionals who master the mechanisms and languages of visual communication and new media to achieve the objectives of companies and institutions, thus generating relevant conversations between brands and consumers. The advertising graphics, the spot, the branded content, the interactive advertising and new media are shown as highly persuasive and effective resources that must be known and mastered.
This course aims to transfer theoretical, methodological and practical knowledge, while working on the student's analytical capacity and promoting creativity in each project, with the objective of training effective, critical and competitive advertising specialists.
Postgraduate Diploma in Advertising Design and Creativity
The structure of the Postgraduate Diploma in Creativity and Advertising is based on the following subject modules:
1. Professional context and creativity
- Advertising and context
- Evolution of the advertising model
- Global vision of an advertising campaign: steps, stages and responsibilities
- BEEF method
- Creativity. Advertising and Business
- Creative briefing
- Creative techniques. Copy Concept
2. Creative department and Tool Kit
- Method for generating creative concepts
- COCOTRANS. Copy, Combine and Transform processes and responsibilities
- Narrativity and advertising
- Expression and visual rhetoric figures
- Design and Art direction
- Imaginaries and persuasion
- Imaginaries, Attributes and aesthetic categories
- Script, technical script and story
- Visual treatment applied to communication
3. Technological thinking
- Channel analysis and digital and interactive formats
- Social media and digital identity
- Interactive creativity
- Channels and digital mediaInnovation and technology applied to communication
4. Total Events. Large format advertising
- Events. Organization and basic procedures
- Contextualization, evolution and trends
- Representation companies
- Representation of brands and celebrities
- Large format advertising
- A globalized world
- Provide students with a competitive professional profile that incorporates the latest trends in communication and global marketing into their praxis.
- Enhance creativity as a factor of differentiation and positioning, for organisations in both the public and private sectors.
- Train new professionals with a strategic vision and thinking towards communication and design, to achieve real and efficient solutions to the problems raised.
- Offer designers and communication professionals the possibility of integrating the knowledge acquired in a professional practice from the perspective of design.
- Create a training framework that integrates the latest user-centred design research criteria with the current practice of the advertising activity.
- Train effective, critical and competitive advertising specialists.
- Develop their own creative abilities and apply them to communication projects for both companies and institutions to communicate brands, products or services.
- Develop various creative methods that work as a starting point for disruptive projects in the field of advertising with a clear persuasive will.
- Incorporate strategic planning as a step to define the value proposal, transform it into a creative concept and develop it into an efficient communicative action.
- Ability to explore and analyse the business world, know their communication needs and develop creative skills to solve them in certain situations.
- Ability to create transmedia communicative mechanisms after analysing and defining the needs, motivations and ideals of the users.
- Ability to elaborate one’s reflective thoughts born of one’s projectual activity and to defend them in front of the community of practice with discernment and conviction.
- Ability to propose and develop creative concepts for the brand territories creation.
- Identify the three semionarrative levels of the canonical narrative and apply them in the persuasive communication world.
- Distinguish and clearly identify the three brain levels, from which thoughts and ideas that shape the behaviour before the purchase act are created.
- Discern between the several attributes: appropriation, simulation, impurity, fusion, spectacle, ephemeral, artifice and eroticism to apply them in advertising projects.